Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14

Thread: I need your idea on build this set.

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Lita's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I want a blade runner meet starwars set. I just few ideas to add to minds and make it better.

    ------------------
    Brenda Diane Smith Filmmaker 35mm 0r bust nothing will stop me!!!!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member chatterbox's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15th, 2001
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What happened to the submarine?

    I suggest a combination of painted models, and filming in a really nasty part of your town.

    ------------------
    Imagination is more
    important than knowledge
    - Einstein

  3. #3
    Inactive Member BedlamMedia's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How about CG and Blue screen? And before anyone complains about CSO looking naff with awful blue borders take a look at http://www.bbvonline.co.uk/pho_dy_fx5.jpg

    which is a screenshot form a 30 minute film I worked on earlier this year (production assistant)

    The only "real" elements are the actor (yes it is who it looks like) and his umbrella. He was shot in front of a blue cloth at Leatherhead Conservative Club (not-affiliated) and then the rest of the picture added by a very talented chap called Steve Johnson and his souped up home PC.

    A city is simplicity itself with freebie software like POV-Ray... it just takes a little effort and perseverance


    ------------------

  4. #4
    Inactive Member BedlamMedia's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 11th, 2001
    Posts
    3
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    How about CG and Blue screen? And before anyone complains about CSO looking naff with awful blue borders take a look at http://www.bbvonline.co.uk/pho_dy_fx5.jpg

    which is a screenshot form a 30 minute film I worked on earlier this year (production assistant)

    The only "real" elements are the actor (yes it is who it looks like) and his umbrella. He was shot in front of a blue cloth at Leatherhead Conservative Club (not-affiliated) and then the rest of the picture added by a very talented chap called Steve Johnson and his souped up home PC.

    A city is simplicity itself with freebie software like POV-Ray... it just takes a little effort and perseverance


    ------------------

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Thousanth's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 27th, 2001
    Posts
    405
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Did I ever mention I was a master set builder, I once created Heaven, Hell and an odd little ranch home in my backyard. Anyway I suggest a CG and Bluescreen as mentioned above.
    But you know what really intrests me about this project? Blade Runner meets Star Wars means we have two gun toating Harrison Fords out there...sweet!
    According to The Baines Hunt Rebel there's about a million Ridley Scott look-alikes in the Shibuya district of Tokoyo, maybe they can help more.

    ------------------
    *Sneaks up behind Generic and smacks the back of his bald head with a traffic cone*

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Curtin-Parloe's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2000
    Posts
    376
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    wasn't the millennium falcon used as a building in bladerunner?


    ------------------
    BAD EYE - It's finally here! www.curtin-parloe.co.uk/badeye Curtin Parloe 2001

  7. #7
    Inactive Member foolmaster's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2001
    Posts
    118
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Ive only built 4 or 5 sets so far, so I wont be much of help, but here ya go anyway:

    As for the location finding, im who you want to talk to, find some dark alleyways and abandoned gas stations, not to mention if there are some slums where you are, shoot there.

    Dont be afraid to walk around and look for sets and locations, walk around your area for an hour or so and draw yourself out a map to all the locations u pick

    THIS REALLY HELPS



    ------------------
    FOOLMASTER ENTERTAINMENT

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Mods's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    687
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Piccadilly Circus, on a rainy night in London is an awesome place for that "Gohtic" city esque-style. All those neon lights are cool. Also Camden Market would look cool, busy, bustling streets.

    If you can get to England that is. biggrin

    Don't forget the low key lighting, a big part of film noir style.

    Didn't BladeRunner have about 5 different genres, and Star Wars 2 or 3?

    Wow, you're making an octo-genre movie!!

    biggrin
    Mods

    ------------------
    Mark "Mods" Lovegrove

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Lita's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 18th, 2001
    Posts
    59
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Location,Location,Location!This is my problem I am writing a sci-fi and I am try to get the scenes in my head,and what I can build.I am looking for a big warehouse. Thanks

    ------------------
    Brenda Diane Smith Filmmaker 35mm 0r bust nothing will stop me!!!!!

  10. #10
    Inactive Member Kathy S's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 29th, 2001
    Posts
    304
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know about where you live, but in my area there are heaps of old, disused warehouses- and if you can find the owner you could probaly get permission to film there. I was looking around one the other day (with the guy who is about to buy it) and he said he would let me film there if it wsan't for health and safety issues- the place was a bit old and youd could of easily had an accident- and there was about 2 inches of bird crap every and not to mention around 200 dead pigeons- nice! It would have looked dead cool on camera too- so once it's cleaned up a little bit...

    You should keep an eye out for potential warehouses- and then try and find the owner- hang about but dont look dodgy or try and get a phone number, mention you'll give him a credit and it wont cause any disturbance to the building, and you'll pay all costs such as electricty and damages

    K

    ------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •